OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Unable to create entity field for custom entity

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  peeush 8 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

peeush
    Participant

Hi

I installed OroCRM yesterday (latest build from github) and have been configuring the system – I created a few custom entities from the UI (with Schema Update step completed). All went well, but now when I try to add a new custom field (by clicking on Create Field button on the top right hand corner of the System/ Entities/ Entity Management/<Entity> page) for some the newly created custom entities, it shows “Loading” for a few seconds and then simply reverts to the same page (entity configuration page in System/ Entities/ Entity Management) – interestingly, it removes the top menu bar though). For other custom entities, I am able to add new fields without any issues. Note: I have not created any data records in the system yet.

I checked app/logs/prod/prod.log but there are no issues logged.

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue? I am not sure also how to take a proper backup of my system (configuration and data) and restore the system should the install (or database) become corrupt – at the moment, all I have is the database backup and I want to ensure that I don’t end up losing all the configuration that I have done so far during this troubleshooting/fixing exercise.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ivan Klymenko
    Spectator

Hi peeush,
    please help us quickly understand the problem and answer on the next questions.
    Did you use the master branch or the latest stable release 1.7.1?
    Do you have many-to-many relations in your custom entities?

peeush
    Participant

Hi Ivan – thank-you for looking into this and sorry, I did not get back to working on it any earlier.

To answer your questions:
    I installed the master branch from github.
    Yes, there are a few many-to-many (and other types of) custom entity relationships with other custom entities (created from the UI) and system entities.

I have also tried taking a backup of the database, making a fresh install of v1.7.5 on a new application server, and restoring the database (after cache clear) – hoping it will fix the issue, but now I am not even able to log in (am getting error: “Oro\Bundle\UserBundle\Entity\User::$avatar does not exist”).

Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.