ssossossosso

Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.  Subscribe

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ashwani 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

Hi,

The title says it all. Is there any difference between running composer update and app/console oro:platform:update?

oro/platform(1.6.2) + oro/doctrine-extensions(1.0.7) + symfony/symfony(v2.3.27)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Sergey
    Oro Core

Hi!

Composer is “Dependency Manager for PHP”, when you run composer update you will get latest dependencies(symfony, doctrine, etc) in your vendor directory

will run new schema migrations, data migrations, update workflow configuration, etc from Oro bundles and packages you use (OroCRM, extensions from marketplace)

So, there is nothing common between them.

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

yes, sorry for the stupid question – I thught this command would invoke “composer update” – i should have looked before writing.

I noticed that oro/platform is listed under installed packages as “oro/platform : 1.4.x-dev” – so if there is an update the oro:package:update command this would use composer to update the platform, right?

oro/platform(1.6.2) + oro/doctrine-extensions(1.0.7) + symfony/symfony(v2.3.27)

Sergey
    Oro Core

First of all you need to update code using `composer update` and then update application using `oro:platform:update`.

Generic update process described here https://github.com/orocrm/platform/blob/master/UPGRADE.md

ashwani
    Participant

Installing a oro package repository but not working its only fetching the source code but not executing the schema

app/console oro:package:install –force shopline/oro-pdfdesigner
    Do you want to load demo data? (yes/no, default – no) yes

its not executing the migration schema .

Can anybody help?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.