Create a Magento Shopping Cart¶
As a rule, carts are synced into OroCRM from the Magento side, although it is possible to create them in your Oro application. To do that, follow the next steps:
- Navigate to Customers > Magento Customers in the main menu.
- Click on the necessary customer to open their view page.
- Click Create Order in the top navigation menu on the customer page.
- At this point, if you leave the order placement procedure, a cart will be created in OroCRM.
Convert a Shopping Cart into an Order¶
To convert a shopping cart into an order, perform the following steps:
Navigate to Sales > Magento Shopping Carts.
Click on the necessary cart to open its view page. Make sure that the status of such cart is Open.
Click the Place an Order.
Enter the admin panel of your Magento shop and submit the order.
Be careful not to confuse the cart status and step of the related workflow. For example, a cart in the Contacted step can still have the Open status (items in the carts have not yet been bought).
From the Grid
To view all Magento carts, navigate to Sales > Magento Carts in the main menu.
The following information is displayed for carts:
- Cart ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Grand Total
- Create At
- Update At
- Billing Country
- Billing State
You can perform the following actions from the grid:
- Filter: Click to show filters per column. You can limit displayed items to those that match filtering criteria provided.
- Refresh: Click to reload the information about the items. If another user recently updated the item details, these changes are reflected upon the refresh.
- Reset: Click to roll back the view per page, filters and columns configuration to the default values.
- Manage columns: Open grid settings by clicking to see the list of columns that organize the item details. To reorder the columns, click and hold the column name, then drag it to the new location. Toggle on and off the column show option using the Show checkbox.
To handle big volume of data, use page switcher, increase View Per Page or use filters to narrow down the list to the information you need.
You can view details of each cart by:
- Clicking on the selected cart from the grid.
- Hovering over the more actions menu to the right of the cart and clicking .
From the Cart View Page
To view details of a specific cart:
- Navigate to Sales > Magento Orders in the main menu.
- Find the line with the necessary order in the grid and click on it.
The following page opens:
Within the page, the following sections are available:
- General Information section is for cart and customer details.
- Cart Items section lists active and deleted items from the cart.
- Activity section includes any activities related to the cart related to the order, such as attachments, calls, calendar events, notes, emails or tasks (if available).
- Marketing Activity section has any marketing activity records related to the Magento cart (if available).
From the cart view page, you can perform the following actions:
- Sync Data to synchronize cart details. This will upload the latest information for the cart from Magento and back (as defined by the synchronization settings).
- Send an Email.
- Log a Call.
Information for all the carts is updated once in a predefined period (default value is 5 minutes). However, it is strongly recommended to update a specific Cart record before you perform any actions with it.