Founded in 1996, HandLab is a complete orthotic solutions company. They provide medical devices to individuals and medical professionals as well as educational resources to hand therapists. The company provides clinical products to solve problems and was built on the philosophy of making the complex simple.
HandLab is a multi-channel business that sells online to consumers, small businesses, medical practices, major medical facilities, and wholesalers. They wanted a CRM that would allow them to improve customer service, retention, and conversion. HandLab needed to:
- Obtain a comprehensive 360° view of their customers and centralize customer information for sales follow-ups, superior customer service, and accounting of customer payments and credits
- Extract and sync information from Magento for improved record keeping. Since Magento’s segmentation and reporting capabilities didn’t meet HandLab’s needs; they required a much better report generation tool
- Centralize marketing data and the tracking of all actions taken by the sales team to convert leads and opportunities into sales.
HandLab evaluated SalesForce, MS Dynamics and OroCRM. They selected OroCRM as the best fit for their multi-channel business. In addition, deep integration into Magento and the ability to gather data from all customer touch points finally gave them the comprehensive 360° view of their 35K+ customers they needed. In addition:
- They got the flexibility they needed to customize to their exact needs. Better tracking of customer payments and credits resulted in no losses for bad debt since integrating OroCRM.
- HandLab significantly improved customer service and retention as a result of having all customer information in one location. HandLab takes pride in answering every call without the typical phone tree frustration.
- Centralized customer data with customer segmentation and reporting capabilities allowed HandLab to improve communication efforts, marketing, and conversions as it gears up to increase sales by 20% in 2017.