OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM Why are Opportunities for B2B only?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lukequinnell 8 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

cardiac
    Participant

Hi all,

nice to meet you and I’m very thankful about your software. We start using OroCRM now and I will ask some question from time to time.

My first questions:

Why are opportunities forced to be linked to a B2B Customer?
    We currently only need B2C and I don’t get why I need the B2B stuff in sales process…

Can you give me a link or a deeper info about your pre configuration. Because I don’t want to bypass the best practices of you.

Unfortunately the user guide has not enough information for me.

Thank you and

best regards

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Cardiac,

Nice to meet you too, and thanks for the kind words about our work :)

Regarding the force relation of opportunities to B2B customer: This is an issue on our side we are aware of, but thanks for pointing it out again. We want this relation to be capable of connection to any kind of customer, not just B2B ones—and will try to fix this soon.

The vision for all channel-related entities like opportunities, leads, etc. is that you should be able to add them to any channel you want: if you want to user opportunities with B2C stuff like orders or shopping carts, it should be no problem. As I said though, we are not quite there yet.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them here.

Thanks for using OroCRM!

msarandi
    Participant

Just to add to the above. This is doable via code and configuration files now and we are working on a improving the control an administrator has when configuring a channel directly from the UI. The relation you see out-of- the-box is just how we configure the default system you get when installing it

lukequinnell
    Participant

Hi Yoav,

Could you provide a brief explanation on how you would achieve this via code and configuration please?

Thanks,

Luke.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM’ is closed to new topics and replies.