OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions what is a "context"? and what "context" is userfull for?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  odaepo 7 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

odaepo
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m a newby!
    I understand that “context” is important and it is something like a glue for entities.
    but what is the philosofy of “context”?
    what is it? what is it purpose?
    Thank you in advance,
    Oda

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Oda,

A context of an activity is basically a record around which the activity is recorded. Let’s say you are having conversation with your customer (Account) about a deal (an Opportunity) — both these records will make sense as contexts for your email thread, or a call log, or a calendar event that represents meeting with that customer.

The advantage of adding the record as a context is that it will make the activity to show up in the record’s Activity list. Following our example above, all sorts of conversations and meetings with that particular client about that particular opportunity will appear on both Account and Opportunity pages, giving you the full history of activities aimed at this specific deal in a single place.

odaepo
    Participant

Thank you again!
    Oda

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.