Forums

Covering OroCommerce, OroCRM, OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums Oro Community View all records at once ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vladimir.petrov 7 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

vladimir.petrov
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the following config for “Views per page”:
    options:
    entity_pagination: true
    toolbarOptions:
    pageSize:
    items: [25, 50 ,100, 1000, 2000]
    default_per_page: 50

How can I view all the records at once? That is, for example, I have 7000 records and I want to view them all at once?

Thanks,
    Vladimir

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi Vladimir

I believe that increasing pageSize is currently the only way to do it.

vladimir.petrov
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    thank you for your response. It is helpful to know the limitations, flaws, defects, and outright oddities of your slow system. How odd is that users have to see some large number in order to view all their records?!? Sad. Really.

With plain html it is trivial to include ‘All’ in the <select> tag; but your oro thing can’t do it?! And it is standard functionality that is used all the time.

And I am not going into how slow the datagrid rendering is if there are only 10000 records to show.
    For more records the whole oro application hangs up and/or breaks. I have worked with apps that display millions of lines in a fraction of a second.

This issue is closed, but this problem is not resolved.

Michael
    Keymaster

I have worked with apps that display millions of lines in a fraction of a second.

OroCRM is a web application, and as such it has to provide the best possible user experience in different browsers.

millions of lines in a fraction of a second.

One million of lines, 100 characters per line, would be (if we ignore multibyte unicode characters and html markup) at least 100 megabytes for the user’s browser to parse and render. None of the mainstream browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari) can render 100MB of html/text with such speed yet, unfortunately. So at this time we limit the number of records to be shown on the screen at once (and developers can modify those limits) to something more manageable (e.g. it would take a user some time to read through the 100 records on the page anyway before he needs to go and read through the next 100 records). Also a lot of users prefer to reduce the dataset size using filters and search anyway, so that they do not have to read through thousands of records to get to the one they need.

vladimir.petrov
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    thanks for your response, but you guys are missing the point. End users want to have “All” in the <select> tag. As simple as that–why is that so hard to comprehend?

With your slow oro system if, end users have only 6000 records to display they can’t display them all at once since the datagrid either hangs up and/or breaks. How sad is that? Even the oro ‘documentation’ says that if there are more than 1000 records per page there will be “performance issues”–that is, the datagrid might not display or display slowly. What kind of a sick joke is this? End users can’t really see 1002 records at once? No matter what number one puts if there are one more records it won’t show all of them at once.

What end users do when they view all records at once is their business.
    Basically you put numbers so that the datagrid does not hang up/break.
    It is just another flaw, just like the idiotically slow import/export that allegedly is being improved in the next release. Sad.

As I said this issue is closed, but your oro thing has problems that make life miserable

vladimir.petrov
    Participant

png

Here is a screenshot of 1 million lines rendered at once in a browser–something your oro thing simply can’t do.

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Unfortunately your image is broken.

vladimir.petrov
    Participant

million lines displayed at once in a browser

Hopefully now it is crystal clear that 1 million lines can be displayed at once in a browser.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Oro Community’ is closed to new topics and replies.