OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Use ExtendedEntity UI, Workflow UI and overridevia code

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years, 9 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

jaceromri
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to make custom entities and workflows with OroPlatform. The only thing is I knew that the UIs for creating entities and workflows have some limitations.

Please bare with me for a second, i’ll explain my thoughts. You would provide great help if you explain if my needs are possible or not, along with some guidance (if possible)

The perfect senario i’m seeking is to be able to create entities and workflows using the UI and add bits of code to overcome the limitation of the UI.

For example, i want to create new entties and manage entity data when a step is reached in a workflow i made using the UI.
    I want also to add/remove (override) methods in controllers and parts of the views of the extended entities.

Hope i explained everything in a clear way. I’ll appreciate any guidance.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Jacer,

Workflow management UX is indeed limited in capabilities, and in order to construct a workflow capable of creating new entities you should go to code. You can create steps, transitions, and edit transition forms that will allow user to manipulate attributes of the workflow entity.

Same for managing entity views: you can create a custom entity via entity management UI but in order to customize it deeper—change view, customize grid, create a menu item, etc.—you need to do code.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.