OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Transfer custom attribute from magento into oro

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  michael1 7 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

andrew.ostapenko
    Participant

I’ve created custom attribute in magento (customer attribute) and would like to pass it into oro.

In order to achieve this i’ve created new entity attribute in oro (type – select, entity – magento customer) and added several options.

But after sync the attribute values for all customers are empty.

Attribute details:
    attribute name (oro) – “accountType” (“account_type” attribute code in magento)
    attribute type (oro) – Select
    options (oro) – option labels from magento

Am doing something wrong?
    If the attribute type in magento is select, then the same type should be in oro, right?

And the other question
    is there an opportunity to remove old custom attribute in oro and create new one with the same name but another type?

I’ve tried to delete it, but the attribute still exist in grid and marked as Deleted. And there is no posibility to create new attribute with same name.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Andrew,

Which versions of Magento and OroCRM are you using? Currently we only support sync of custom attributes between Magento EE and OroCRM Enterprise Edition. This feature is not available for the Community edition.

The answer for your other question is no. At the moment entity fields are not removed permanently so you cannot create a new field with the same name. The workaround is to create a new attribute with the same label but slightly different name.

We are aware of this issue and will implement the ability to permanently erase entity fields. However, this feature is not high in our priorities list and we don’t have an implementation timeline yet—so it is open for community contribution. Please refer to the GitHub issue for more details and discussion on the subject.

Thank you.

michael1
    Participant

Where is the documentation for syncing Custom Magento fields?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.