OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Show a custom field in View page

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sparlea 6 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi,

I followed the documentation to create a new field using Migrations. Then I followed this solution to create a form extension to be able to show the field in the update form.

I can see the field in the update form. I can save the value to the table.

Now how do I show this field in the view form? The renderDynamicFields is showing the field. But it shows all the custom fields in one column, one below the other. I want to have some control in displaying the fields in a two column layout. When I try doing this:

I am getting the following error:

I tried using the macro renderDynamicField(account, “test_field2”), but it gave me an error saying that the second parameter should be FieldConfigModel type.

I have actually hit a wall. Can somebody please help me?

Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

sparlea
    Participant

Hello hmadhur,

I have a solution for your problem, you can use the renderDynamicField macro but you will need to send a FieldConfigModel, for the field that you want to render, from backend.

Here’s a quick example, i have a dynamic field named test_field on my Product
    This is a raw example, in my controller i get a FieldConfigModel object for my dynamic field that i will pass it to my view:

And in my twig template i render the field using:
    entityConfig.renderDynamicField(entity, field)

Hope this helps.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.