OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Sending email campaign: 40 emails per hour

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

dillchuk
    Participant

My OROCRM has been sending an email campaign for the last 12+ hours, on a dedicated 8GB Fedora box. It started strong but is now sending at a rate of about 40 emails per hour via SendGrid SMTP. And the PHP process is showing 100%. So, I wonder what could it be doing for 1.5 minutes per email?

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
    16046 xyz 20 0 1391864 902672 27688 R 100.0 11.2 830:10.32 php

This is being sent to a marketing list segment, size 1800, dynamic. Would this work better if ‘dynamic’ changed to ‘on demand’? Or what else?

Appreciated,
    Derek

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dillchuk
    Participant

This is NOT an OroCrm issue, it’s an SMTP limit set by my outgoing email provider. I now read they only want 100 emails per connection and so thereafter the throughput must be throttled down. So I’ll need to include a counter + re-connect within EmailCampaignSender::send()

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Derek,

If you need to send large email campaigns (more than 50-100 emails), we would advise to utilize specialized third-party services like MailChimp or Dotmailer. Oro Marketplace has integrations for both, allowing you to export mailing lists (Marketing Lists) to these systems, and sync back the campaign data.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.