OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Send email new entry entity

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dimitri.seguin17 8 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

dimitri.seguin17
    Participant

Hello, here is the behaviour I would like:

As soon as a new tourist is created, I want to send a welcome email to this tourist.
    But I don’t feel that notifications are planned for this.

Do you have an idea?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dimitri.seguin17
    Participant

Tourist is a new entity (same as Contact)

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Dimitri,

You may create a process that will send a welcome email as soon as the record is created, or create a workflow that would send these notifications after the user presses a button. Both options require some coding though, as neither our process management nor workflow management wizards allow this level of configuration yet.

We have plans to expand their capabilities in the future but no clear timeline is established yet.

dimitri.seguin17
    Participant

Thank’s for your help

dimitri.seguin17
    Participant

Hello, I am going to work on a workflow implementation using code instead of the management wizard to be able to send a email on workflow state transition.

But have you an example of code to help me ? is the workflow “Abandoned Shopping Cart” a good example to understand the coding of workflow in ORO ?

Thank’s for your response.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.