OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Send email based on an event

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  casualavenue 7 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hondaspeder
    Participant

We are moving to OROCRM from ZOHO.

In ZOHO we have it setup when a customer fills out their contact on a certain landing page it gives them a predefined automated email. Is this possible in ORO and can you link me to the documentation to set it up?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

It’s not yet possible out of the box—to achieve that you’d need to write a custom workflow, and utilize workflow capabilities that are yet to be released as a stable version. Here’s the documentation at Github: https://github.com/orocrm/platform/blob/master/src/Oro/Bundle/WorkflowBundle/Resources/doc/reference/workflow/index.md

What you want is a custom workflow that triggers on an event of new record being created (the entity is the one linked to your form). After the trigger, the workflow transition should include the action of sending out the email that you want. It’s a simple customization but you’d still need a developer to write a YAML config file of the workflow, as this functionality is not yet exposed to the UI. And, as I said, it isn’t yet released as a stable version; the release is expected later this year, around mid December.

If this helps, we are going to create a bunch of marketing-oriented workflows that will be available out of the box in the release after next one (i.e. Q1–Q2 2017). The use case you’ve mentioned—sending an email after the form is filled—is on the list.

casualavenue
    Participant

Hi

ıs there any example workflow to do that “After the trigger, the workflow transition should include the action of sending out the email that you want”. To see an example would be very helpful

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.