OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions Rest API Get filters

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 9 years, 11 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

raul782
    Participant

Hi guys,

Is there a way on the contact API to get a contact by email instead of by id,
    that way I can know for sure if the contact already exist or not

Is there any other way to prevent the creation of duplicate contacts

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello.

Now it’s impossible to get contact by email. But anyway it will not help you because contact could has more than one email and it’s correct that multiple contacts have the same email (e.g. two contacts have the private emails and corporate one assigned).

raul782
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the hint, I guess the main concern is to keep consistent our frontend/backend with OroCrm and consolidate all our contacts coming from different places in one place, the CRM.

So I believe, we have to build some logic on top of OroCrm to deal with our own scenarios.

So I’m looking for a unique identifier, between our customers from our shopping cart and Crm.
    Probably I will have to extend contact entity to deal with this or is this something that OroCrm has already built-in?

Thanks

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

This is an important topic for us as well. Unique identifier depends on data channel (for example email for ecommerce customers, phone number for POS, etc) and we are going to solve this problem as well as will add email to contact filters list.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.