OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Removing system fields from entities

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  apcimino 7 years, 6 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hallum
    Participant

I want to remove fields from entities leads, and contacts. Fields such as number of employees, birthdays, social accounts etc. I understand this is not something that can be done through the UI. How would I go about doing this?
    Thanks,
    Harry

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bart
    Participant

I am having the same issue. Any progress?

Bart
    Participant

What I did for now is removing the system fields from the form (keeping them in db).

MyExtensionType.php

$fields = ['middleName', 'nameSuffix', 'assignedTo', 'source'];
    foreach($fields as $field) {
    if ($builder->has($field)) {
    $builder->remove($field);
    }
    }

remove the fields in update.html.twig

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi guys,

We are going to make these fields extended, so they could be edited/removed from the UI as other custom fields. No clear timeline yet though.

Hi,
    Is there some news about this.
    I want to remove fields from B2B customers.

I want to remove shipping address. I don’t use it.

How I do it?

Thanks.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Marcelo,

This item won’t be included into our 1.9 release but we will try to push for it in the next one, when we will address our Sales Pipeline.

For now, these fields are system so you cannot remove them—just ignore the fields you don’t need.

Sebastian
    Participant

Hi Artem,

any news here? Our customer also wants to focus the call center employees on the important fields.

Best
    Sebastian

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Sebastian,

No news so far. We’ve reworked Contact and Lead entities in the 1.10 release but we didn’t make a lot of fields extended.

andantex
    Participant

Has anyone had luck removing the fields? Did the above solution work? There is just so much redundancy and it is complicated for smaller organizations.

John

Sebastian
    Participant

Hi John,

I absolutely agree with you. Our callcenter agents are a little bit overwhelmed by all the fields they get. It would be nice to have a tutorial how to reduce the fields as long as the forms are not editable.

Sebastian

andantex
    Participant

Hi Sebastian,

My developer found a way to code it out message me if you want his details.

John

Sebastian
    Participant

Hi John,

I don’t know how to message you within the forum. Could you please mail me under sebastian.wilhelm.info@7thsense.de? I’m still interested in your solution.

Best
    Sebastian

apcimino
    Participant

I’d love to hide a few system entities as well.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.