OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Remove requirement for region field ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mayoz 8 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Choukk
    Participant

Hi Oro Team,

Is there a way to remove requirement for region on address forms ?

Many thanks for your help.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

diglin
    Participant

Hi

I ping this question, I need the same feature
    In Switzerland, the state/region should not be required. It’s frustating to have to fill it.

Thx

Regards
    Sylvain

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi guys,

Do you need to remove this requirement altogether, or you just need it lifted for specific countries, such as Switzerland?

Thank you.

pgnmc
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same request.

Our objective is to import (into OroCRM) contact addresses obtained through external forms, and our developer told me that he couldn’t do it, because the constaints in the database require these fields to be filled.

Is there a configuration option allowing to do this?

By the way, the “State” for France are quite illogical: they are a mix of “Départements” (“Aisne”, …) and “Régions” (“Bourgogne”) when a department is a subdivision of a region. In Metropolitan France, Departments are already coded in the Zip Code (by the first two numbers), and Regions are not used in addresses at all. So it’s redondant and it may lead to unfixable difficulties (e.g.: “Wallis and Futuna” is not a region but a territory which is not subdivided in departments, but in … kingdoms… ; the Principality of Monaco is a foreign country with a French zip code (98000) ; French metropolitan regions have changed on 1st of year and some of them have still not be named ; etc.).

Thanks

APG

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Thank you for the request. We will try to address it as soon as possible, and I will get back to you in this topic when it’s done.

mayoz
    Participant

Hi all,

Any update on this matter? I’m looking on a way to lift the constraint of e.g. State and zipcode for certain countries that don’t use these fields.

Thanks in advance

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

We have removed the constraint on region field in addresses in 1.9 version released last week. ZIP code is still mandatory though.

mayoz
    Participant

Ok, thank you Artem

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.