OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Programming Questions oro_entity_create_or_select_inline

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  prganvani 7 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

alendo
    Participant

Hi
    I followed the steps to create a oro_entity_create_or_select_inline field, but I have two problems: the autocomplete does not work for me, and even if the datagrid works, when I select a row in the datagrid nothing happens in the input field.
    I added also form_type and grid_name to my entity config.
    Do you have any suggestion?
    thanks
    Ale
    search.yml

service.yml

class ProfessionSelectType extends AbstractType
    {
    /**
    * {@inheritdoc}
    */
    public function setDefaultOptions(OptionsResolverInterface $resolver)
    {
    $resolver->setDefaults(
    [
    ‘autocomplete_alias’ => ‘professions’,
    ‘configs’ => [
    ‘placeholder’ => ‘ec.event_professions.form.choose_profession’
    ],
    ]
    );
    }

/**
    * {@inheritdoc}
    */
    public function getParent()
    {
    return ‘oro_entity_create_or_select_inline’;
    }

/**
    * {@inheritdoc}
    */
    public function getName()
    {
    return ‘educa_profession_select’;
    }
    }

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hey @alendo!

Are there any JS/PHP error when trying to search(just open autocomplete box) ?
    Also did you run reindex on your existing entities when configure search for them ?

alendo
    Participant

Hi @Alexndr
    No, there is not any js/php error.
    I reindexed and in log file I see reindex log for professions as:

so I think that it is correctly indexed.
    My concern is that autocomplete doesn’t work but also select from grid: are these two things related?
    Thank you
    Alessandra

alendo
    Participant

I tried also to search my entity by using the search form on the top and it works with autocomplete!

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello, alendo.

As for search autocomplete:

1) A bit confusing thing that you have only description in search index, but use name to render results – maybe, you should add name to search index too?
    2) You can check real response coming from backend using firebug (on similar tool), just check JSON response.
    3) You can add a breakpoint into SearchHandler::search and check whether is really can find requested entities.

As for selecttion from grid:

1) Look’s like you didn’t specify grid name you want to use. You can do that either in entity configuration, or manually as a form type option.
    2) Grid you are using to select entities must have identifier column (“id” by default) that is used to set data to selector.

alendo
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.
    For search autocomplete:
    1 – I added name to search index, I suppose

2 – The returned json says this:
    {“results”:[],”hasMore”:false,”errors”:[“Access denied.”]}
    I suppose there is an ACL problem but I don’t understand where, because I’m working with admin user.

For selection from grid (this is a big concern!) it seems all ok:
    1 – I added form_type and grid_name to my entity config as I said in the first post.

2 – The grid works, but when I select a row from the grid the input field doesn’t change, remains empty.

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

> 1 – I added name to search index, I suppose
    If your entity has property name then you have to set “name: name” in search yml, if no – replace name with description in search handler definition (here – [“name”]).

> ”errors”:[“Access denied.”]
    This is where you have to dig into the problem. Look’s like you don’s have an acces to ACL resource “educacloud_professions_view”. You can check it using method SecurityFacade::isGranted.

> when I select a row from the grid the input field doesn’t change, remains empty.
    I think it’s a consequence of ACL issue. Fix it and try this case again.

alendo
    Participant

Hello Yevhen
    it returns access denied on the autocomplete query. If I try the query using the browser url input it doesn’t work:

returns a stack trace error:

If I try another autocomplete query it works, for example:

and returns:

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Please, check whether you have as access to ACL resource “educacloud_professions_view”. You can add breakpoint here and check it.

alendo
    Participant

Hello Yevhen
    I stepped forward and now almost works even if I cannot see the value of the field (autocomplete give results but they are blank options, and when I select one option the field seems full but there is not a value inside, when I save it saves the right value). I changed the name of the ACL in the controller: I put the same name in the route name and in the ACL id. I don’t understand exactly the reason, because in my mind the first is the route name and the ACL id is another thing.

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

> autocomplete give results but they are blank options, and when I select one option the field
    Please, check whether your entity has properties that you defined in search handles definition (in your code there is only one “name”).

> the first is the route name and the ACL id is another thing.
    That’s correct, these are two diferenct things – you don’t have to have the same name for them.

alendo
    Participant

It works!
    Thanks

prganvani
    Participant

I use same come but got an error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\RuntimeException’ with message ‘The parent definition “plugins_helper.autocomplete.name.search_handler” defined for definition “plugins_helper.form.autocomplete.industry.search_handler” does not exist.’

prganvani
    Participant

error is: The option “grid_name” must be set.

I already set grid_name and from_type in entity.

“form”={
    * “form_type”=”helper_industry_select”,
    * “grid_name”=”helper-industry-grid”,
    * },

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.