OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Opportunity customization

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ssergey 8 years, 1 month ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

ssergey
    Participant

Hi all,
    The question is about customization of the Opportunity in OroCRM.

In the company, the work with Opportunity is a long process and it consists of 7 stages, each of them corresponds to a fixed percentage of Probability. On the first stage the Probability is 10%, on the seventh stage the Probability is 100%.

1) What are the handy options for data entry in Opportunity when it moves from one stage to another and Probability changes accordingly? At the moment, I can create a custom field of Opportunity with a list of names of the stages, and fill in the system field Probability each time manually. How to make it more convenient for users? Could we make autofill of Probability field based on the value of the custom field with the name of the stage?

2) What are the options for mapping these 7 stages of Opportunity to Sales Workflow process? How to do it better – create one Step Opportunity development and Transitions for each change of stages OR create a separate Step for each stage?

3) How to make a report and visualize weighted revenue forecast for each stage of Opportunities? Is it possible to customize the system report Opportunity Pipeline Forecast to show the weighted revenue forecast for Opportunities on each stage, not the whole Opportunities in status In progress?
    Is it possible to make custom reports with fields Weighted forecast and calculate Total on columns?

Any advice on these matters?
    Will be grateful for each answer!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello.

Answer to questions 1-2. I think the best option for you would be creation of your custom worklfow – so each stage will be represented by the appropriate workflow step. During transitions you can change probability – it can be done either automatically (e.g. during transition to stage 3 probability must be set to 35%, user can’t affect this value), manually (like it was done in OroCRM) or combination of both (e.g. during transition to stage 3 probability must be set to 35% only if previous value was less than 35%, user can affect this value).

Answer to question 3.

> How to make a report and visualize weighted revenue forecast for each stage of Opportunities?
    You can build report based on your requirements – workflow step (stage) will be available from the Opprtunity.

> Is it possible to customize the system report Opportunity Pipeline Forecast to show the weighted revenue forecast for Opportunities on each stage, not the whole Opportunities in status In progress?
    Not sure about customization of the system report, but you can always create new from scratch.

> Is it possible to make custom reports with fields Weighted forecast and calculate Total on columns?
    Yes, you can do that either via Report builder on UI, or with custom report from the backend side.

ssergey
    Participant

Yevhen, thanks for the reply!
    I will take your advice and then describe the results.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

I would like to add that our upcoming 1.10 version will be concentrated on sales pipeline improvements and many of your requests will be fulfilled out of the box.

In particular, we plan to get rid of Sales Process medium; link Opportunity status to its probabilities and allow to configure the status set; and introduce new built-in widgets and reports.

Please check our Upcoming Version page for details. We will also post feature highlights in our blog over the course of development, so please stay tuned to our updates.

ssergey
    Participant

Artem, thanks for this information!
    It is great that OroCRM is actively developed and I would be glad to use the new version.

Please, give me a hint how to use the field Weighed forecast and calculate subtotal (for stages) and grand total on columns in the custom report?

ssergey
    Participant

Hi all,
    I configured our sales workflow, which consists of 5 steps of the Lead development and 7 steps of the Opportunity development, 6 statuses (Won, Lost, etc) and approximately 100 Transitions.
    While the next time saving the workflow, the OroCrm hangs))) I opened it in a new window and saw that I can open other workflows, but couldn`t open this one.
    No errors, the page just doesn`t load.
    Any ideas what can be a reason?
    Appreciate any response!

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Well, first you should check logs (PHP logs, web server logs, app/logs dir of the application). If there will be nothing there – you can check table oro_workflow_definition for your workflow, and look at the configuration field.

If I understand you correctly you requires quite complex logic in your workflow. In this case it would be better to create workflow from the backend side, because UI workflow management is quite limited and can be used only for most basic cases. E.g. you will not be able to convert Lead to Opprtunity, set up conditions for transitions of perform some extra actions after transitions.

ssergey
    Participant

Yevhen, great thanks for your reply and advice!
    I am continuing customization and will share the results.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.