OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions [ Notice & Question ] – Oro(CRM) Channels

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaimy 10 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Jaimy
    Participant

Hello fellow OroCRM folks!

I really enjoy the nice and smooth synchronisation with Magento, compared to the earlier releases it works flawlessly! However, I did notice a strange “change” in the GA release. Apparently, when you create a channel, let’s say a Magento Channel, and let is synchronize with Magento, you are not allowed to delete it! That’s kind off odd I would say, since I only created an example channel for test purposes.

In the OroIntegrationBundle:Channel:update.html.twig is a line[13]* which will show or not show the delete ui button. Ofcourse I could add an IntegrationBundle, set this as my parent and overrule this template, but I would like to know why you are not allowed to delete a channel after synchronization, what is the goal of this feature?

I look forward to your responds.

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

* The line I’m talking about is in OroIntegrationBundle:Channel:update.html.twig on line 13:

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

ishakuta
    Participant

Hello Jaimy

This is intended behaviour, cause each entity synced from Magento contains link to channel it’s came from, so user will be able to distinguish e.g. customers/orders that was imported from different channels.
    Do you, probably, want to de-activate channel when you no longer need it, instead of delete.
    Otherwise: if there was an option to soft-delete (actually hide it from UI), will it be useful for you?

Thank you for your notice.

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi Ishakuta,

Thank you for your responds! I fully understand why this is default behavior, since you would get some lost references etc etc.. On the other hand it would be nice to be able to de-activate a certain channel when I’m finished with it. Your proposal of hiding it from the UI would be a descent one to pursue, this will enable me to determine whether the it is a channel I’m still using or if it’s deprecated.

Again thanks for the responds!

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.