OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM No access to workflows within custom or cloned user roles

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  msulima 6 years, 8 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

mikhailspotar
    Participant

Hi. I noticed, that i can’t create custom user role with access to workflows. I create user and assign to this user preinstalled role “Sales Manager” – everithing is OK workflows are accessable. But if i clone this role and assign to the same user new role “Copy of Sales Manager” – access to workflows is lost. No visible menu item and 403 error if i use direct URL. Has anyone same or simillar problem?
    Thx,
    Mikhail

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

mikhailspotar
    Participant

UPD: application platform has the same bahaviour. Both 2.3.0 version.

msulima

Hi, mikhailspotar.

I tried next steps:
    1. install fresh crm-application v.2.3.0
    2. create user ‘test’ with exist role ‘Sales Manager’
    3. login as ‘test’ user
    4. open page opportunity view page
    5. see and can click workflow buttons
    6. clone ‘Sales Manager’
    7. assign new role to ‘test’ user
    8. login as ‘test’ user
    9. open page opportunity view page

And still I can see workflow steps and clock workflow buttons. Maybe I missed something? Please, help me to reproduce that bug and provide more information. Thank you.

mikhailspotar
    Participant

Hi, msulima.
    In the second step you use existing role. Here is difference try to create new role or clone existing one.
    My steps was:
    1. install fresh crm-application v.2.3.0
    2. create user ‘test’ with exist role ‘Sales Manager’
    3. login as ‘test’ user
    4. look to the menu “system” while being on the dashboard page – you see the line workflows.
    5. create new role ‘Copy of Sales Manager’ and assigned it to ‘test’ user (role ‘Sales Manager’ must be unchecked)
    6. relogin as ‘test’ user
    7. look to the menu “system” while being on the dashboard page – you don’t see the line workflows.
    8. try to use direct url $site/workflowdefinition you see “Forbidden” page.
    9. restore user role to preinstalled (‘Sales Manager’) and relogin – everithing is OK.
    P.S. The same steps can be reproduced in application platform with the same result.

mikhailspotar
    Participant

I can provide you creditentials to login to my server (there is nothing important there :-)) if needed.

msulima

msulima

mikhailspotar, please check that your new role have permission view for Entity grid.
    You should have something like

mikhailspotar
    Participant

muslima, sorry to say this – but i have no such line in my Entity grid. I have only list of workflows with permissions for each of them, but no general line like on you picture. As i understand this line must be present in the Entity grid while role creation (like Account, Activity list, Attachment etc), right?

msulima

Yes, you’re right.
    And I just checked role edit page on our demo environment and on it I see described problem. Looks like a bug. I will investigate little bit more and add it to our backlog.

mikhailspotar
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll wait for further results.

msulima
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM’ is closed to new topics and replies.