OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Feature Requests multiple owners for entity

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ahmad Golzar 9 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Ahmad Golzar
    Participant

Hi

Bundle: security bundle

I think it would be useful to have several owners for an entity. For example if you set the access level for a role on “contact” entity to “user” level and then you wish that two users have access to a specific contact, the easiest way would be to set two owners for that specific contact.

Currently, as far as I understand, you have to define a business unit for this case, add both users to that business unit and then set the security level on their role for “contacts” to business unit. Am I right?

So perhaps having multiple owners would make everything easier.

Thanks,
    Ahmad

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Hi Ahmad

Shared ownership is a very tricky topic and we do not plan any work in this direction. You case could be solved with business unit as you described.

Please let us know if you have any other use cases with multiple owners in mind, this will allow us to understand better your business needs.

Ahmad Golzar
    Participant

Hi Dima,

Thanks for your reply. Actually we may be able to define business units for most use-cases. We just felt that logically it may make more sense to have shared ownership in some cases.

What do you mean by saying it is a “tricky topic”? Is its technical implementation in the platform too complicated or is it a tricky concept in terms of business logic?

Best,
    Ahmad

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.