OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions multiline chart in dashboard

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fred33 8 years, 1 month ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

fred33
    Participant

Hi,
    how can i create a multiline chart in dashboard, or where i can find documentation ?

Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello.

Here is example of configuration, controller and data provider.

As for documentation – you can check bundle documentation and configuration format reference.

fred33
    Participant

Hi,
    I read the documentation for the dashboard and I understood the march followed by against using graphics really remains very obscure for me. I need a graph with two lines representing the monthly sales for each employee , so connecting a database ….

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

You should look at the example – e.g. you can debug this widget with real (or demo) data and check what data and format are used there.

fred33
    Participant

I come to you for this problem of multiline chart . In fact I can not have much and I think the management of chart is really not an easy thing in orocrm.
    this is not a criticism it’s just that the level of knowledge must be high enough to understand all the mechanisms

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Ok, let’s have a closer look at the dashboard multiline widget data. I’ve used a widget from the links before (New Web Customers), and here is what my results are:

1) General widget configuration can be generated automatically based on YAML config using this code (new_magento_customers_chart is a name of a widget):

And here is real data generated by this method:

2) Chart view consists of two parts – chart options and chart data, here is how they should be used:

Not let’s look at these two parts.

2.1) Chart options define type of a widget and additional parameters required to build this chard (axis, labels etc.) – almost all of these options can be extracted from config too:

2.2) Chart data is basically a data used to render this chart:

And as a result we can see dashboard widget with required information rendered as two lines:

In general – if you feel that you can improve documentation for dashboard widget – we will be happy to accept your pull request to platform or documentation repository.

fred33
    Participant

in no way my knowledge about orocrm are too poor to bring my contribution I am trying to understand the philosophy of orocrm and apply it . I think I understand the operation of the chart it’s just in construction that I have trouble , controller, dataprovider , twig …

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.