OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions Merge codes in URL links for Email Templates

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Kudelya 7 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi,

For Email Campaigns we will be sending a link for the landing page. We will be creating a Campaign List with Leads. We want to track which Lead clicked on the link and visited the landing page.

For that we plan to send the Lead ID along with the link in the email using merge codes. When I use Merge codes in the URL, at run time it is not getting replaced with the actual value. For eg. if I have given the URL like “http://www.example.com/campaign1?leadid={{ entity.id }}”, the {{ entity.id }} is not getting replaced with the actual lead id.

Please see the screen shot below. The text shows the lead id, but the link still shows {{ entity.id }}.

Lead ID Link not showing

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi,

I have created email template, sent email and got good link with id. What version of orocrm are you using?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Madhur,

Looks like a bug in our template engine. Thanks a lot for pointing it out, we’ll work on a fix.

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I have tried the same thing and I don’t get the Lead ID in the URL. It just shows me the {{ entity.id }} in the URL.

How can I see which version of OroCRM am I using?

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
    Madhur

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi Artem,

Okay, got it.

Meantime is there any workaround for this? Or if you can let me know where do I need to look for changing the template engine then I can also try from my side to fix the error.

It is little bit urgent that I fix this issue as soon as possible.

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
    Madhur

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi,

Please give me full Oro Packages section inside System -> System Information menu.
    Does it appear on clean orocrm version or you are doing some customization?

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Please find the screen shot of the oro packages.

We have made some customizations but not to the templates. We have only modified Lead, Accounts and created a couple of more bundles.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

What changes you’ve made to the Lead? This might be a source of the problem, but we’re not sure.

We couldn’t reproduce the issue in our setup, so perhaps it has been fixed somewhere during the release preparation. Have you tried updating to 1.10.1 stable version?

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi,

Did you try on other entities or put {{ entity.id }} somewhere outside of link?
    Do you use opcache ?
    Is working variables like {{ system.organizationName }} ?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.