OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Is OroCRM just too buggy, your thoughts?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 8 years, 1 month ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

bruwster
    Participant

I’m assessing OroCRM for future use, on a feature basis is superb. But on a trial basis we’re having technical problems that have left our two installs (both on AWS) now showing 503 errors. They worked for a few days but on one of these I installed the MailChimp extension, got an Ajax error, then it goes 503. The other one when 503 without installing any extensions.

My sysadmin (contractor not employee) says the following,
    “I have looked into the situation and see both instances are giving 503 for now. I have found one outofmemory error in system logs and restarted php-fpm and nginx services but it didn’t help. Server reboot didn’t help as well. The error messages in orocrm logs don’t make any sense as well. I consider OROCRM is too buggy and unpredictable from my brief experience working with it and would suggest to use another solution here.
    I could definitely reinstall it once more, but cannot guarantee anything after that.”

Is he right, is OroCRM just too buggy? I’d like him to be proved wrong but…

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Can you recheck that command? Look’s like forum message formatter replaces quote with some other type of quote that doesn’t work in CLI – so if you copied that command directly from Michael’s message it will not work (we definitely need to fix that). Here is gist with the same command and correct formatting.

Another thing you can do – you can enter application in developers mode – it usually provides more information about an error. To do that you should add “/app_dev.php/” before your CRM host, e.g. http://my-crm.com/app_dev.php/. Please, try to reproduce error there – probably, you’ll be able to see some additional information about that error.

Razva
    Participant

Same result:
    =====
    [root@crm orocrm]# find . -name ‘*.yml’ -exec grep ‘@gadget.ro’ {} \;
    [root@crm orocrm]#
    =====
    So…no results. :|

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Have you seen something new in developers mode?

Razva
    Participant

I think I’ll do a fresh Git install. Can you please send me the link to the exact Git Repo I should use for 1.9? Thanks!

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

https://github.com/orocrm/crm-application/tree/1.9.0

To get this specific tag use the following commands:

And then you can follow installation instructions.

Razva
    Participant

Mmmmnope..

========
    [root@crm html]# git clone git@github.com:orocrm/crm-application.git
    Cloning into ‘crm-application’…
    The authenticity of host ‘github.com (192.30.252.131)’ can’t be established.
    RSA key fingerprint is 16:27:ac:a5:76:28:2d:36:63:1b:56:4d:eb:df:a6:48.
    Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
    Warning: Permanently added ‘github.com,192.30.252.131’ (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
    Permission denied (publickey).
    fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
    and the repository exists.

========

Any hints?

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Please, configure public key for your account.

Or you can use http to get repository:

Razva
    Participant

Hah, here’s the issue/bug.

If you set the Mailbox Label exactly like the Email Address it will fail. Or if the Mailbox Label contains any special characters (like @) it will fail. After renaming the Mailbox Label into a single word everything started to behave correctly. So there you have it. :)

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Thanks! we’ll work on it.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.