OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems [Installation] Mysql-database creation problem

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Roman Grebenchuk 9 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

behrang
    Participant

Hello oro-team,
    during cli-Installation I edited the app/config/parameters.yml so that oro-crm can use a db I have prepared for it. Unfortunately it says “SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1007 Can’t create database ‘kkssql5’; database exists” which is true… The only way to get the installation to run was by handing over the mysql root credentials and a non-existing db name, which is clearly not desired as setup. So my question is, how do I change the credentials of a running instance to non root and how can I install oro with a normal db user in the first place? The documentation is rather silent in this regard.

Thx a lot

PS: Ubuntu root server + Apache + php(php-fcgi) + mysql

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rodolfo
    Participant

Create the database manually.

mysql -h HOST -u USER -p
    CREATE DATABASE kkssql5;
    \q

behrang
    Participant

That’s what I already did and meant by “a db I have prepared”. That’s why the error (correctly) states “database exists”, as I wrote above. The question is, why oro doesn’t make use of it or how can I do it non root?

Rodolfo
    Participant

As far as I know, you don’t have to touch parameters.yml when you install oro. It automatically changes it for you when you run this command:

behrang
    Participant

Hey Rodolfo, that’s what I did, but still the installer asks:

I understand that you have to provide some db info, but I don’t want to use root.

Hi,

OroCRM installation requires any db user with appropriated permissions. DB user must have permissions to create tables, alter tables, delete, create indexes, etc permissions. if you don’t want to use root you can create new user and grant permissions only for one DB. In any case user should have permissions to manipulate with DB.
    For example,
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dbTest.* To ‘user’@’hostname’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;

OroCRM does not create database during installation and use parameters.yml.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.