OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems Installation guide for non-programmers

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  royjones.r 4 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Anis
    Participant

Hi dear tech team and community members

I found the informations regarding orocrm very interesting.
    And so far I wish to get it working, but till now I just found installation guides for local installations and something using “composer”
    Can somebody please explain to a dummie how to get orocrm running on a Magento Dedicated linux server with cpanel?

Even paying for the installation is an option. Let me know whom and how much.
    (If this is the ordinary way to get it running for an ordinary joe.)

Kind regards
    Anis

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anis
    Participant

to be more concret I wish to get it running on a shared Magento hosting

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello.

Unfortunately I’m not familar with cPanel, but regular installation requires following steps:

Register domain
      Connect new domain to your server (usually it’s configuration of webserver nginx/apache
      Create DB and DB user with correct permissions
      Unpack OroCRM to webroot(should be configured at step 2)download zip archive or clone repo(if you familar with GIT)
      Run installer http://yourdomain.example/install.php

Hope this will help you.

Anis
    Participant

:) I thank you for the fast and helpful respond

Following your describtion I receive the following error message
    as soon as I enter the url to the install.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[‘, expecting ‘)’ in /home/ … /app/OroRequirements.php on line 26

This line is:
    $nodeExists->setEnv([‘PATH’ => $_SERVER[‘PATH’]]);

Kind regards
    Anis

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

OroCRM requires php version greater then 5.4.4 it seems that you have less version

Anis
    Participant

That was a good point.
    The PHP version is 5.3.27

I reached out for the support team from my hoster and send them the oro requirements

Could you check if the following states show an additional point to upgrade?

cPanel Version 11.42.0 (build 23)
    Theme x3
    Apache version 2.2.25
    PHP version 5.3.27
    MySQL version 5.5.36-cll
    Architecture x86_64
    Operating system linux
    Perl version 5.10.1
    Kernel version 2.6.32-279.14.1.el6.x86_64
    cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hi.

From my point only php should be upgraded, also please check php extensions and nodejs(needed for JS performance improvement)

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Here is a full list for you.

royjones.r
    Participant

Hi Alexandre, i try install Oroplataform to use orocommerce in my Cpanel, but i try evry think for install, i cant.
    Could you help me?

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.