ssossossosso

Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.  Subscribe

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dima Soroka Dima Soroka 3 years, 7 months ago.

  • Creator
    Topic
  • #3695
    Jaimy
    Jaimy
    Participant

    Hi fellow OroCRM folks,

    Today I discovered a small problem with the installation of the OroCRM 1.0.0. Please note that this scenario is a very specific example.

    We wanted to setup an OroCRM demo environment with the default sample data which is included in OroCRM.
    So after a fresh install and taking all the necessary steps for installing OroCRM I would go and create a new user for a colleague. After I gave my colleague the credentials for his new account, he would get an error on login. After I logged out (as admin) and tried to login as this user, I would get the same “error”. I tried again logging in with the admin account, and now I’m facing the same “error” as logging in with the new account. So what has happened?

    In my need for some speed by creating the account for my colleague, I forgot to set the appropriate or any Business Unit. I didn’t assign a or multiple Business Unit(s) to the new account. So when my colleague tried to login, he basically got a 403 forbidden (even though it would actually generate a 500 error). Since all the sample data is “protected” via which business units can view which data, I created an account for a colleague with absolutely no rights to see any of the data.

    <i>but how come that you weren’t able to login with your admin account?</i> well simply put, cache. So whenever facing this problem, just clear or delete the cache and your good again to login.

    The main problem was actually that nothing was in the server error logs or the Oro error logs. This means no feedback from the system whatsoever and you have to find the tiny differences between a successful installation and one that failed. For this specific example, I would be nice if the Business Units are mandatory whenever one is created. Since this will cause a very neat little trouble.

    The only thing I wanted to point out was that whenever you want to use “New” or “Modified” accounts in OroCRM (fresh install) with the Sample data, don’t forget to assign a Business Unit.

    Still though, you guys did one hell of job creating this neat product! Keep it up :)

    Kind Regards,

    Jaimy Casteleijn

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #3696
    Jaimy
    Jaimy
    Participant

    Sorry folks,

    this wasn’t the root cause, but it certainly was a problem! sorry!

    Kind Regards,

    Jaimy Casteleijn

    #3704
    Dima Soroka
    Dima Soroka
    Oro Core

    Thanks @Jaimy, we’ll address this issue.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.