OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems [Installation Feedback] OroCRM 1.0.0

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 10 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Jaimy
    Participant

Hi fellow OroCRM folks,

Today I discovered a small problem with the installation of the OroCRM 1.0.0. Please note that this scenario is a very specific example.

We wanted to setup an OroCRM demo environment with the default sample data which is included in OroCRM.
    So after a fresh install and taking all the necessary steps for installing OroCRM I would go and create a new user for a colleague. After I gave my colleague the credentials for his new account, he would get an error on login. After I logged out (as admin) and tried to login as this user, I would get the same “error”. I tried again logging in with the admin account, and now I’m facing the same “error” as logging in with the new account. So what has happened?

In my need for some speed by creating the account for my colleague, I forgot to set the appropriate or any Business Unit. I didn’t assign a or multiple Business Unit(s) to the new account. So when my colleague tried to login, he basically got a 403 forbidden (even though it would actually generate a 500 error). Since all the sample data is “protected” via which business units can view which data, I created an account for a colleague with absolutely no rights to see any of the data.

<i>but how come that you weren’t able to login with your admin account?</i> well simply put, cache. So whenever facing this problem, just clear or delete the cache and your good again to login.

The main problem was actually that nothing was in the server error logs or the Oro error logs. This means no feedback from the system whatsoever and you have to find the tiny differences between a successful installation and one that failed. For this specific example, I would be nice if the Business Units are mandatory whenever one is created. Since this will cause a very neat little trouble.

The only thing I wanted to point out was that whenever you want to use “New” or “Modified” accounts in OroCRM (fresh install) with the Sample data, don’t forget to assign a Business Unit.

Still though, you guys did one hell of job creating this neat product! Keep it up :)

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Jaimy
    Participant

Sorry folks,

this wasn’t the root cause, but it certainly was a problem! sorry!

Kind Regards,

Jaimy Casteleijn

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Thanks @Jaimy, we’ll address this issue.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.