OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions Install Task Bundle only

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yevhen Shyshkin 8 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

andytnumiko
    Participant

Hi,

We’re using Oro Platform, but want to make use of the Task bundle from Oro CRM. Is that possible without installing the whole of CRM?

I’ve tried variations of:

"oro-crm/task-bundle" : "*"

in composer but it can’t find the package.

Or if we have to install the whole of the CRM package, can we disable everything except for the Task bundle (and its dependencies)?

thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello.

There is no separate packagist package for TaskBundle, so you can’t include it via composer.json.

Look’s like TaskBundle doesn’t have direct dependencies on other CRM bundles, so it shouldn’t be hard. To include task bundle to platform there are two options:

1) install OroCRM package and disable all bundles except TaskBundle – you can do that via bundle exclusions

2) copy bundle code to src directory of your project and use it from there – so, it will be counted as custom bundle

andytnumiko
    Participant

Hi, I chose method number 2 just after I posted and it’s been working fine.

Thanks for your help.

Douglas Linsmeyer
    Participant

Yevhen, now that in 1.9 that there *is* a direct dependency on other bundles (which have their own dependencies) do you have a different recommendation?

My gut says I’m going to have to fork separately privately.

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello, Douglas.

I’ve checked latest OroCRM master – look’s like there are no direct dependencies on other OroCRM bundles. Could you tell me what dependency have you found?

As for fork – sure, you can do that, but in this case you have to maintain it too (i.e. merge latest releases). In this case I’d recommend to use bundle exclusion to minimize amount of work.

In general – look’s like both recommendations from my previous post should work fine with OroCRM 1.9 too.

Douglas Linsmeyer
    Participant

Thanks Yevhen for looking at this, if I recall it requires the Account entity/bundle as a dependency. I’ll try the exclusion strategy (so the req. classes will at least be there).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p26g9npvcrpm393/Screenshot%202016-03-02%2014.30.18.png?dl=0

Douglas Linsmeyer
    Participant

[removed]

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello again.

Yes, look’s you are right – we have dependency at migration level – we need to move that to appropriate bundles. For now you can comment these lines – and it should works fine.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.