OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions How to take backup of and restore an OroCRM installation?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 8 years, 8 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

peeush
    Participant

Hi All

What is the right (and hopefully, easy) way of taking backup of an OroCRM installation (configuration and data), including custom entities? Equally, how to go about restoring from this backup – to either recover from a corrupt system or recreate the system?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

DB dump and cache clear should be good enough.

peeush
    Participant

Thanks Dima; sorry I wasn’t able to get back to trying this out earlier.

I tried your suggested method but with no success. Below is what I did:
    1. Took a database backup (from mysql command line)
    2. Installed a completely clean instance of OroCRM – v1.7.5 with a blank database.
    3. From mysql command-line, I restored the database from the backup I took in step 1.
    4. Cleared cache on the newly installed orocrm application.
    5. Tried to log in, but am getting an error: “Oro\Bundle\UserBundle\Entity\User::$avatar does not exist”.

So you know, in my system, I had created some new entities (with many-to-many, many-to-one and one-to-many relationship with other custom and system entities.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or how to go about restoring my system?

Thanks

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

You may need to take a look into upgrade instructions in case you had older version of application before. Please clarify, are you trying to move DB from staging/dev environment to some other one (production) with the same version of OroCRM or you trying to upgrade to latest version of OroCRM?

peeush
    Participant

Thanks Dima!

I was trying to move the DB from one environment to other, but was making the mistake of using the latest version of OroCRM on the new server.

As you noted, I have now tried upgrading the current server (using the instructions in upgrade.md) prior to moving the DB to the new environment, however, upgrade is failing at the last step with the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘ReflectionException’ with message ‘Class Oro\Bundle\UserBundle\Entity\AbstractUser does not exist’ in /usr/share/nginx/html/orocrm/vendor/oro/platform/src/Oro/Bundle/EntityExtendBundle/Tools/GeneratorExtensions/ExtendEntityGeneratorExtension.php:58
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/nginx/html/orocrm/vendor/oro/platform/src/Oro/Bundle/EntityExtendBundle/Tools/GeneratorExtensions/ExtendEntityGeneratorExtension.php(58): ReflectionClass->__construct(‘Oro\\Bundle\\User…’)
    #1 /usr/share/nginx/html/orocrm/vendor/oro/platform/src/Oro/Bundle/EntityExtendBundle/Tools/GeneratorExtensions/ExtendEntityGeneratorExtension.php(40): Oro\Bundle\EntityExtendBundle\Tools\GeneratorExtensions\ExtendEntityGeneratorExtension->generateConstructor(Array, Object(CG\Generator\PhpClass))
    #2 /usr/share/nginx/html/orocrm/vendor/oro/platform/src/Oro/Bundle/EntityExtendBundle/Tools/EntityGenerator.php(85): Oro\Bundle\EntityExtendBundle\Tools\GeneratorExtensions\ExtendEntityGeneratorExtension->generate(Array, Object(CG\Generato in /usr/share/nginx/html/orocrm/vendor/oro/platform/src/Oro/Bundle/EntityExtendBundle/Tools/GeneratorExtensions/ExtendEntityGeneratorExtension.php on line 58

So you know, I have a few many-to-many (and other types of) custom entity relationships with other custom entities (created from the UI) and system entities in the current system.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Please make sure you disable cron and stop clunk server prior the upgrade.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.