OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Programming Questions How to add attachments to emails

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 9 years, 9 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

kelton23om
    Participant

Hi Oro’s guys,

It seems that the database allows to receive attachments, but it is never used.
    How can i extend the contact email for example to accept attachments.

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

Hello.

Yes you are right it’s supported feature on code level, but UI for it is not implemented yet. You can try to override templates and controllers to provide support of attachments.
    Also you can contribute to platform using pull requests on github :)

kelton23om
    Participant

I take a look on the way to add this functionality but right now i don’t have enough time and skills in OroPlatform to manage this by myself ;(
    So my questions are:
    – Did you planned to implemented it ? and when ?
    – Otherwise can you give me some clue, to help me implement it ?

Thanks again for you answers and your work

Alexandr Smaga
    Participant

As I know file and image field types are already implemented and will be included to next release, but I’m not sure about email attachments.

\cc @Soroka

kelton23om
    Participant

when you said “As I know file and image field types are already implemented”

You mean that we could attach some documents to various entities like Opportunity for example ?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

As for email attachments: IMAP and exchange synchronization process already sync files from inbox and attachments are available on email view. There no support of attachments for new email creation.

As for attachments in general: we are finishing implementation of attachments entity that can be assigned to any other entity (lead, opportunity, account etc.). Also we implemented support of “file” and “image” field types for custom entities. This features will be available in master branch next week and we are going to include them into our July release.

kelton23om
    Participant

Hi,

As for email attachments: I didn’t try again the synchronization process, but it’s a good news and I’ll look at it more precisely.
    Have you planned to implement this part for new email creation one day ?

As for attachments in general: really great news again i looking forward to it

Thanks for you very good work!

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Yes, we are planning to implement attachments for emails creation in September release.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.