OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions How do I import a contact list?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 9 years, 8 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

PGE
    Participant

I’m testing ORO for my company and have problems importing a list of contacts / accounts. All hints I did find were developer related. As I am no developer: Is there a documentation for non-developers?

Because I fail importing lists for contacts / accounts. Is there a fixed setting for a .csv or .txt-file? If so, where do I find it? Error Messages aren’t a help: If I don’t get the “You don’t have the permission..” error (whatever that means…) on a upload, I get the a error log after the upload: “Error in row #1. firstName: This value should not be blank.” and so on. I guess there should be fixed fields, but I can’t find any description on this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

In order to import data you should use same structure as defined in import template. On contacts or accounts page you can find “Import” button with arrow. When you open dropdown please click “Download Data Template” and use this file as a template for your data structure.

Please let us know if you have any other issues.

PGE
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer! Import is working now…

Is it possible to customize the data structure in my own ORO installation to adjust it to my needs?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Not from UI right now. Can you please share with us more details about customization you need to do?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.