OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions How do I get notified when somebody leaves a comment?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Razva
    Participant

Hey,
    Supposing that I create a task for somebody, and that person leaves a comment, is there any way for me to get notified about that comment?
    Thanks,
    Razvan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Razvan,

You can create a notification rule based on the comment entity. Some coding will be required to add filters to notification process though, so you don’t get notified on all the comments in the application.

We have a couple of stories about our notification system in the backlog, and will definitely address this topic in the future. And, as always, thanks for your input—it helps us to adjust our priorities.

Razva
    Participant

I can live with being notified about ALL the comments. Better then none. :)

Can you please point me into the right direction on how to achieve this?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Sure. First you need to create the notification template based on Comment entity under System > Emails > Templates, like this:
    email template

Next, create a notification rule based on this template under System > Emails > Notification rules:
    notification

(Please make sure that clank server is up and running so notifications are sent.)

With this setup, you will receive notifications on every added comment and its text will be included into the message.

Razva
    Participant

Great! Will this generate a CRM notification, or just an email?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Just an email.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.