OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions How can I delete emails?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  annadavis 8 years, 4 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Razva
    Participant

Hey,

Is there any way to delete messages from Inbox? I’ve successfully deleted them from Gmail, but they still appear in Oro’s Inbox. Or is there any way to archive Oro’s Inbox? I’m looking to achieve “0 inbox”.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi,

For now, the only option to remove emails from OroCRM is to move them to another folder and then un-sync this folder in IMAP settings.

We are planning to implement email deletion in the future and have this feature in our roadmap. Archive sounds nice too, thanks for the suggestion!

Razva
    Participant

Hey,

Well, I’ve tried to move them to another directory (the Trash, hehe) but they still reside in the Oro Inbox.

My “issue” is with the fact that, in time, the Inbox will have a HUGE size. So at least a way if making a message “invisible” to the Inbox would be a great “fast-patch”.

Thanks!

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Ah, I see what you mean. Emails still appearing in the old folder after they’re moved is a known bug and we will fix it within 1.9 version.

We will also raise the priority of manual email deletion, so hopefully it will appear in one of our further releases.

Thank you!

Razva
    Participant

Hey,
    My team is basically refusing to work with Oro because of this issue. :(
    We have more than 100 threads in Oro’s Inbox – in less than two weeks – but zero emails in Gmail (we’re working with a zero-inbox workflow).
    I can live with the fact that I cannot delete emails from Oro, but at least let’s find a way to “hide” the emails that are not in Gmail’s Inbox.
    Please note that all messages should be kept in the CRM. Like…if you archive a message from the Inbox, it should “disappear” from the CRM, but marked as “archived”.
    Any hope?
    Thanks!

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

As an interim solution, I can offer you to customize the default view on My Emails page (should be adjustable in the grid config)—apply the right set of filters and you won’t see the “archived” emails every time you open My Emails.

Can this work for you?

Razva
    Participant

Can you please let me know what filters should I add in order to hide the archived emails? Even if I select Inbox (everywhere) and the required Email address, I can still see deleted messages. Please check this out. Thank you so much!

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Oh yeah, that’s a known bug: When an email is moved between folders on the IMAP server, it is not deleted from OroCRM. It’s already in the fix queue for 1.9 release, so you’ll get it working soon.

annadavis
    Participant

Thanks for your answeers, they really helped me!!!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.