OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions How can I create a marketing list with postal addresses?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  diglin 8 years, 6 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

diglin
    Participant

Hello,

Today we can create a marketing list with a segment of customers and can be used only with online tools: email or mailchimp for example. The problem is I would like to export a list of contacts from a segment as a CSV including primary address information (not email address) to use it for an “old school” marketing campaign with paper. The marketing list could be the function to do that but there is no export capability. The contact list could be also an other way to do that but it exports everything or just the grid with very limited columns which is for this case not relevant.

Is there an other way to achieve what I want or does it to be developed ?

Thanks for your answer

Regards
    Sylvain

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Sylvain,

This is not possible without development at the moment, but our next release will contain a column management feature for grids. With it, you will be able to create a contact grid view with exactly the set of columns you need, then apply filters and export to CSV only the records you need.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Oh, and I have found how you can export this data now: Use reports. In reports you can add attributes of related entities (addresses) to the columns, and you can export the grid of the report.

The only thing to watch for is duplicates: if a contact has more than one address (e.g. home and office), every address will be exported in a separate row in the report. This is why we disabled this functionality in Segments and Marketing lists in the first place.

diglin
    Participant

Hi Artem

Thanks a lot for your answer. I would not looking at to “Report” if you didn’t told me but it does the job. It’s kind of workaround ;-)

Best regards
    Sylvain

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.