OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions How can I capture emails from "non-users"?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Razva
    Participant

Hey,

At this point OroCRM is importing emails *just* from users already existent in the system. Is there any way to make it work with *all* messages, even those that come from “unknown” addresses?

The main point is that I want to capture/manage all Emails to Oro, without the need to login to Gmail, so I can work faster and from a centralized point.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

This is supported in latest version. In the user profile configuration please select all folders of your Mailbox.

Razva
    Participant

Got it! Any way of “linking” an email to a specific specific Lead / Task / etc? Right now the only option I can see is to link it to a Account.

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

By default we link emails with contacts. Association with other entities could be done via customization as there are no single solution that will work for everyone.

Razva
    Participant

Ok, got it, thanks!

Any way to delete Emails?

PS: if you could take a look at the Diamante thread it would be *awesome*!

msarandi
    Participant

The context mechanism should work with Leads, too. Just click the Account name in the record selector and choose Leads from the dropdown, as shown on the screenshot below.

changing the context entity

Contexts for tasks are not supported yet, but we are going to add them in the upcoming 1.9 release. Please follow our updates in the blog.

Thank you!

Razva
    Participant

Yes, worked like a charm, thank you so much!

Here are my (hopefully!:D) last questions:

1) is there any way to link a Case to a Task? That would be a really logical/practical think to do (and I was kinda surprised I couldn’t find it).
    2) any way to integrate Invoices & Estimates? Any solution would be great (internal or third party)!
    3) offtopic: the Diamante Thread.

Again thank you for such a great product!!!

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

1. Linking tasks to cases (or any other entities) will be possible after 1.9 release. We will expand context management from emails to tasks, calls, and calendar events. You will be able to create tasks straight from the case view, or link existing tasks to a case, so they will appear in its activity list.

2. Can you please elaborate what functionality you have in mind? What use cases do you expect from Invoices and Estimates, how would you like to work with them. . . any help will be appreciated.

3. Looks like Dima has taken care of it already :)

Razva
    Participant

1. Great! Any ETA?

3. Yup, thanks!

2. Well, as a “fast patch” a simple module will do the trick. Here’s my idea:
    a) Estimates
    – should have a single setting: numbering. It should be able to set a prefix (like EST) and a starting number;
    – should have these options: new, edit, delete, mark as paid, download PDF, send to client, generate invoice (or “transform into invoice”)
    – each invoice should have these fields: client (you already have it from the DB), invoicing date, due date, product (simple input fields, no need to have pre-selected products, users who have products will use Magento’s invoicing option) and sum. Note that product and sum should be added more than once, as a user could add multiple services on a single Estimate.

b) Invoices
    – should have identical options/settings as the Estimates
    – invoices should be Paid or Unpaid

When you access a client/company you should see all his Estimates and Invoices.

Result: a user could generate an estimate with number EST-03, to a specific client who’s already in the DB, for a specific sum. He could download and send the Invoice to the client (PDF). When he received the payment he can mark it as paid or transform it into an Invoice and send it to the client (PDF).

This would be HUGELY USEFUL for small companies like mine, who don’t want to mess around with complicated software like Xero or QuickBoos, and just need a simple way to throw estimates to the clients and generate invoices after being paid.

Future functions:
    a) Expenses
    This would be a very, very useful feature for those that outsource services. For example the system will know that you’ve invoiced 500eur in December. In the same month you add expenses, which are identical with Invoices, the sole difference being the fact that the sums are not added (as +) but reduced (as -). Having + and – in the same place will have a great result: profit. So a small company can log all + and all -, and at the end of the month the owner can see how much money he really made.

b) Auto-send and reminders
    If you set the due-date as 01.12.2015 the system should send notifications to the client regarding the due invoice.

c) Recurring estimates/invoices
    Set an estimate to be regenerated at specific periods of time (monthly, quarterly, annually etc), so the user will not forget to bill his clients for recurring services (like maintenance, webhosting, servers etc).

I have more ideas but I suppose these are enough for now. :)

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

The release candidate of 1.9 is currently scheduled for the end of December, while the final release will likely happen in January.

Thanks for your proposals, we will review them and see how we can fit them into our roadmap. I will probably ask you a couple more questions on the way.

Razva
    Participant

Great! Until then I suppose there’s no integration with QuickBooks or any other system, right?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

No we do not have integration with QuickBooks yet.

As for ideas around estimates and invoices, we are working on the OroCommerce product which will be focused on B2B commerce functionality where estimates (we call it quotes) and invoicing will be covered.

Razva
    Participant

Great news! Will it be “compatible” with the CRM, or will it be two different products? Any ETA?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

You can try our public demo. Both products will be available as independent products as well as you will be able to install them together as a single instance.

Razva
    Participant

Got it, playing with the Demo right away.

If I would like to have only the Quotes & Invoices will I be “forced” to install all the other modules (which, for me, is a little to much)?

Any ETA with the integration? I’m looking to go “all-in” with Oro. :)

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Currently we plan to start working on the integration between OroCRM and OroCommerce in the second quarter of 2016. Things can change though, so please follow our announcements in the blog.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.