OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jakabadambalazs 9 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to implement a “global update” for e certain entity – for this I mean that after having selected some items in the datagrid I’d like to execute a mass update action where I can set a certain attribute for all selected items in one go.

To give you an example, let’s say I’ve imported some contacts and I have forgot to set their gender. So instead of editing each of them singualrly I’d like to be able to tick them on the datagrid (by looking at first names) and then execute some stuff which would allow me to change some fields on all items in one go.

I have not seen any implementation of this anywhere but I may be wrong. Is there any? Do you have this on your plans?

If not, could you point me to what direction you’d take (datagrid/mass_action?) to implement this?

thanks
    a\

oro/platform(1.6.2) + oro/doctrine-extensions(1.0.7) + symfony/symfony(v2.3.27)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

PS: it should be quite similar to how “merge” action works

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Check on mass delete on contacts grid. Mass actions mechanism also allows to have an intermediate step for additional setting (in your case you can have your form there if necessary).

jakabadambalazs
    Participant

Thanks, yes that is exactly what I’d like to do – I’ll give it a go, thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.