OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Feature Requests Flexible entity group

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 10 years, 9 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

lrotherfield
    Participant

It would be useful, I think, to be able to group flexible entity attributes. An example is probably the easiest way to explain what I mean:

I have 3 different types of users in my system; trade customers, regular customers and administrators.

Scenario 1: I want to add a company field to all users in the system.
    This is achievable using the current flexible entity model by adding a “company” attribute to the entity:Oro\Bundle\UserBundle\Entity\User
    Scenario 2: I want to add “vat number” to trade customers only.
    If I had the ability to create groups of attributes, I could create an attribute for Oro\Bundle\UserBundle\Entity\User but only for instances of the entity that have the flexible entity group “trade”. This means if a user entity is edited/created that is not part of the “trade” group then the “vat number” field will not be present.

This could be achieved without a flexible group but I think allowing users (system admin) to add fields to entities and restricting them to entities in specific groups would be helpful.

I am not advocating removing the current way in which flexible entities work, but rather the group idea as an addition. So that both scenario 1 and 2 in my above example are achievable.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Thanks for a great use case. We have this improvement on our roadmap and planning to provide a show case on account entity with support of different account types like person and company that will have different fields available.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.