OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Extend address entity

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Spurgeon 9 years, 6 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Anonymous

Hi, how I can add custom field to Address Entity ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Address entity is not extended entity yet because of few technical limitations (output formatting management and form). Please describe your case so we’ll make sure it will be covered when we’ll implement this change.

Spurgeon
    Participant

Hi Dima,

Greetings!

With regards to Address Entity, we wish for the following features, as felt in our case.
    1. Ability to set a Default Country
    2. Ability to set a Default Region
    3. Extendability of Country->Region kind of relation to further down to levels like
    a. Region -> Cities
    b. Cities -> Localities
    c. Localities -> Zip

4. Address Entity for Users. This IMHO is a very important and helpful change. In our use case, we wish to assign contacts to Users based on geographical proximity (based on zip / locality)

We also wish to enhance google maps view of address based on the role.
    For eg. a sales executive or lead followup executive sees leads assigned to him on his map (in our case it would be a volunteer seeing contacts assigned to him with directions to selected contact)

Similarly the admin level user who assigns contacts to users sees a different view when viewing contacts. In contact view the google map of contact also shows users who are in the vicinity with tool tips show address/zip

While am trying my hand on implementing these, it would be wonderful if this is considered as a feature request and implemented by experts.

For your kind consideration pl.

Thanks!
    warm regards and gratitude,
    Spurgeon

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Thanks @spurgeonbj, we’ll add 1, 2 and 4 as well as “My Leads” map and extendability of user to roadmap.

Spurgeon
    Participant

Dear Dima,

Greetings!

Thanks a ton for your kind response! That’s awesome! So kind of you to have considered the request!

Warm regards and gratitude,
    Spurgeon

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.