OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Entity against which a "Task" was created?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Razva 8 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

nurikabe
    Participant

Under Activities -> Tasks I can see all my tasks. Great! But how do a know which entity a task was created at? Am I missing something in my config?

Thanks!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi nurikabe,

Currently the “parent” entity record of a task, or any other activity, is not displayed on its view. It is a great idea though, thanks for pointing this out! We will add this feature to our roadmap.

Thanks again!

Alexander
    Participant

Hi, Artem.

When such feature may be done?

We have the problem now after update from 1.3 to 1.7. Before update we were able to go to Account or Contact from Task page and it was very handy. Now it’s impossible.
    On the other hand it’s impossible to go to Task page (or any activity page) from parent entity e.g. to change workflow state of an activity.

It’s a big problem, because (in our case) it makes the work very uncomfortable and increases the time managers spend for their tasks.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Alexander,

We don’t have any specific timeline for this feature yet, but I will check what is possible to ease the problem.

Can you describe your use cases for tasks: how managers work with them and what related information is handy to have on the Task page? This will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Alexander
    Participant

First and main case:
    Manager goes to the Task list (may be sorted by due date) and picks up one Task to be done. At this point he needs info related to the Task: Account, B2bCustomer, Contact, etc. (Not necessary at the Task page, link from the Task list would be sufficient)
    In old version we used both Account and Contact. Account for overall client info and Contact for specific person related to the Task. Now all related info is hidden and we don’t know what client we need to work with.

Second case:
    At the Account page, manager wants to close a Task (or in the abstract, change any related Activity workflow state). In old version we could go to the Task page by link, and close it there. Now there is no link to the Task, and we can’t close it in place.

Thank you.

Ahmad Golzar
    Participant

Hi,

This is really a very important feature. Actually list of calls and tasks without their related entities (contact, account, B2B customer, …) is almost useless. It would be great if you could schedule this to be included in near releases.

Thanks

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Thanks for your feedback guys, it is very helpful. We definitely will consider adding this feature.

In your opinion, will the existing mechanism of adding contexts to emails work for the cases you described?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we have finished the development of context for tasks, calls, and calendar events. This feature is in the dev master already, and will be available in the 1.9 release in January.

Hope it will let you enjoy OroCRM even more. Thanks for your patience!

Razva
    Participant

In your opinion, will the existing mechanism of adding contexts to emails work for the cases you described?

In many cases you receive an email and generate items based on it: tasks, leads, etc. At this moment you can link en email to a Lead/Opportunity/etc but *NOT* to a task. Which is kinda “hand over”, as – in some cases – most emails are linked to Tasks. This is a big issue for us. :|

Ahmad Golzar
    Participant

Hi Artem,

Thank you so much for this great feature. Can’t wait till January and have it :)

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

We will address the use case of linking emails to tasks and vice versa in the near future.

Razva
    Participant

Can’t wait for 1.9 Stable in January!

If you could also fix the email archiving issue…you would be my heroes! :D

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Another update: the 1.9 RC2 brings in activities as contexts for another activities – Razvan, this will allow you to link tasks to emails and vice versa.

The RC2 is already out, so enjoy :)

Razva
    Participant

Woohoo! Great news, thank you!

If you will also fix this…I’m totally “sold”! :D

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.