OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions Dumping Symfony Objects with xDebug

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  alanstorm 10 years, 10 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

alanstorm
    Participant

Love what I’m seeing in the framework so far. Quick, esoteric question.

I’ve long used xDebug and var_dump to safely peek at a variable’s content. This was particularly helpful with Magento, where the large objects would overwhelm an xDebug-less var_dump.

However, I’ve noticed there are some Symfony objects (the AppKernel, for example), that I can’t debug this way. When I try to, the browser/php will stall out, and the request will never appear to finish. Additionally, I won’t be able to make another request with the same browser until some period of time has passed. The behavior is similar to the old long running admin page problem in Magento.

This is happening on my development laptop, a machine running OS X 10.6 and the php-osx.liip.ch distribution of PHP 5.3. Before I spend time diving into debugging this, has anyone else run into this problem? Has anyone not run into this problem? Would anyone have tips on where to start debugging? Does the OroPlatform has a “safe dump” method? Does Symfony? My initial guess is some string rendering method invokes sessions again, locking PHP up, but that’s just speculation.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

alanstorm
    Participant

Problem between computer and keyboard. The new distribution of PHP I installed came with xDebug, but had some odd php.ini defaults. Specifically

xdebug.var_display_max_depth = 128

Changing this back to the factory default of

xdebug.var_display_max_depth = 3

solved the problem.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.