OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions Date Error – French Language – Urgent Issue

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  thinh2010 6 years, 8 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

hmadhur
    Participant

Hi,

I am having a peculiar problem.

When I change the locale and Language to French I am not able to select any date using the Datetime picker control in Tasks, Calendar Events, etc…

When I started getting this issue I checked in your demo application (http://demo.orocrm.com) and the error is there as well. Please find the screenshot attached from your demo application.

Date Error

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies

shreyas
    Participant

Hi Team,

I am also facing the same issue when language is French. it works fine in previous OroCRM version but in the new version facing this issue. I guess the issue is in oro.min.js present in web/js.Because when i tried replacing this js file with previous version’s js file it worked for Dates & also gets saved to DB successfully(My_application_PATH/task/create) but gives some js errors when loading any other pages. I tried looking at changes from previous version of js with this new js but could not get much idea in how to resolve this Datepicker validation issue.Please need help in knowing what changes need to be done in new oro.min.js as i cannot use older version of js since many other functionalities would not work.

The problem faced here is most of Months in DatePicker would have special characters in it. Ex: D`ec . So OROCRM gives that error saying that not a valid date. For other months which does not involve any special characters it does not throw any errors & works fine.

Kindly need help in this problem.

Thanks & Regards,
    Shreyas S

Mike Kudelya
    Participant

Hi

For now http://demo.orocrm.com is working on 1.10.8 version of orocrm, but it is not the latest version. I have checked the issue on 1.10.12, it works fine. Please use it in your development.

Hryhorii Hrebiniuk
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you guys for the bug report. Confirm, that issue still exists in master and in latest 1.10.* versions. And you are right, it is related to oro.min.js. The build file is loaded before locale settings is initialized and it leads to the bug.

The quickest workaround would be to delete web/js/oro.min.js. It will slightly affect load time of application (all JS-modules will be loaded on demand), but locale settings will be initialized properly. To build oro.min.js again, you can execute command in root folder of project:

We are working on a proper fix. It will be applied to next bug fix releases for all supported versions.

shreyas
    Participant

Hi Hryhorii,

Thanks for the suggestion.i tried following the steps of deleting the oro.min.js file from web/js & using the command: app/console oro:requirejs:build . But this throws me runtime exception as given below:

Please find screenshot for the same:
    Runtime Exception in RequireJs Build

So, when i go back to the web/js i cannot find the generated oro.min.js due to the exception that is occured. I tried placing back oro.min.js which was taken back up before removing in web/js. And then try executing this command but it gives same error.

Kindly need help in how to fix this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Shreyas S

fred33
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve the same problem.
    I delete the file oro.min.js and execute the command but the problem remains the same but only for months with an accent

Hryhorii Hrebiniuk
    Participant

Hi,
    I see that proposed solution was not clear enough, sorry for that.

The idea was to remove (or better rename) original oro.min.js. And work without it until upgrade to next stable version. It will slightly affect load time of application (all JS-modules will be loaded on demand), but locale settings will be initialized properly.

The bug is already fixed in master. And next bug fix release 1.10.13 of OroPlanform will also contain the fix.

Creating new oro.min.js won’t fix the issue. I have provided rebuild command just in case you are not satisfied with loading time and decided to use another language for awhile, until the new release.

fred33
    Participant

Hi,
    delete oro.min.js and work without it is good. The load time is acceptable for us. We will see in everyday use

Waiting for next version

Thanks

shreyas
    Participant

Thanks Hryhorii,

Its working fine now after deleting the js.

Thanks & Regards,
    Shreyas S

thinh2010
    Participant

Hi,

Any news for this error? I am facing this problem too. I am using oro platform version 2.0.11

Hryhorii Hrebiniuk
    Participant

Hello,

That issue was fixed long time ago. And I see that the fix is applied to 2.0.* version as well.
    https://github.com/orocrm/platform/commit/8804ddb285e7622e2d5d2afd8dfe20b7d7722b01

If you are still experiencing date validation problem for a French locale, it is, most likely, some other issue.
    Could you specify steps to reproduce for your case?

thinh2010
    Participant

Hello,

I added Vietnamese language (System / Localization / Languages)
    Then I go to System / Configuration / Language Settings and set the default language is Vietnamese

From that, the date time field is always error.

Could you please check?

Hryhorii Hrebiniuk
    Participant

Hello thinh2010,

Confirm, the issue, that you’ve described, exists in OroPlatform 2.0.* version.
    The library Moment.js v2.8.3, that we use there for datetime manipulation, can not match dates, kind of “Thg 7 11, 2017”, to the format “MMM D, YYYY” in Vietnamese languages and English locale.

We can not update the library for OroPlatform 2.0.* without braking backward compatibility.

Soon, is going to be realized OroPlatform 2.3 LTS version. It uses latest version of Moment.js and your issue can not be reproduced there.

I recommend to update your instance once it is released

thinh2010
    Participant

Thank Hryhorii,

I just want to give more information, I didn’t check the code but when I go to System / Configuration / Localization, I set the Locale and Primary Location is Vietnamese and Vietnam, then the date time field can works normally.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.