OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Feature Requests Customer/Reseller role(s)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 9 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

peshi
    Participant

Many online ventures operate on the web, and could need different types of customers, like users and resellers. Which have access to the dashboard and allowed modules / services for their role.

I know it’s early beta, but the platform by default now allows a ‘User’ with everything disabled to see / manipulate business units they haven’t been assigned to by Administrator under ‘My User’

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

peshi
    Participant

I’m thinking in the terms of SaaS, Content Provider of some sort.

peshi
    Participant

Nothing?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Peshi, not sure that i’m clear on your question. Can you please clarify as i can see a few contexts:
    – Are you looking to enable customer access to specific modules? If yes, our ACL model already supports this based on user role.
    – Are you looking to isolate data between instances or in scope of one instance? With latest release we enabled scope management for ACL and it is a first step in single instance access levels.

peshi
    Participant

Mr Soroka,

What I am looking for is a stable ground to be able to create customers, which have access to specific modules. But also resellers that are able to create and manage their own customers.

I’ll check the new release.

ps.
    Thank you for creating an open-source business application framework!

job
    Participant

We are looking for something similar, so (whitelabel) resellers can manage their customer data and only access their own data. (where our people should be able to access all their data too)

I was also trying to create a system where a contact can be shared among users, but none of them owns that user, but they can still see their data when other entities (like a logged call) include this contact.

Also create a (concept) call by API call would be convenient, so we can connect with our PBX solution.

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

This case is supported by our ACL, you can define different access levels for contact and related entities so group of users (let say in one organization or business unit) will have access to all contacts but will be limited to calls that they own.

It is also possible to remove ownership from contacts with customization but not out of the box.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.