OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – Programming Questions Custom entity field name restriction

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dima Soroka 9 years, 7 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

zhukova
    Participant

Hi guys.

I’m working at custom entities APIs implementation & faced with the problem: if using provided by bundle methods to build Get response – not all fields are returned. After a small research I’ve figured out, that fields with “underscored” names are skipped. See the code that manages this logic:

I guess, this is done to handle the relations properly.

Had a look at system entities, I’ve decided, that the ORO logic is that Entities field names should be “camelCased” to be managed correctly by the platform.

But Custom entity field name is restricted to be only lowercased. Found where this is defined https://github.com/orocrm/platform/blob/master/src/Oro/Bundle/EntityExtendBundle/Resources/config/validation.yml#L12:

So, my question is: why the Upper case is not allowed for custom entity field name? Can you allow camelCase for custom entity field name?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

zhukova
    Participant

any thoughts?

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

hi

there are no particular to limit field name with lower case.
    we’ll work on it in scope of issue reported on github.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.