OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – Programming Questions Custom business logic

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ale Cerutti 9 years, 9 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Ale Cerutti
    Participant

Hi! Is there a way to customize the logic from an OroCRM entity method? I used Migration to extend the entity fields but, i like to add some custom logic to those fields. Is there a way to do that or i should put all that logic in the Controller?

Thanks! and sorry for my English.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

Please describe your use case and we’ll be able to recommend you a proper solution.

Ale Cerutti
    Participant

I’d extend Contac entity adding some extra fields by using Migrations. Now, I have to put some custom business logic in Contac entity that use those extra field, for example:

Ale Cerutti
    Participant

Dima,

I’d extend Contac entity adding some extra attributes by using Migrations. Now, I have to put some custom business logic in Contac entity that use those extra attributes and/or another Contant’s attributes. In other words, i want to put a custom method in Contact but i don’t want modify Contact entity in /vendor.

Thanks!

Ale Cerutti
    Participant

Dima, Sorry.. The commnent #4580 was a mistake!

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

I would recommend to move any business logic to separate class/service. This will allow to use entity as data model and implement multiple additions to this data in different bundles.

Please let me know if you are looking for something else.

Ale Cerutti
    Participant

Thanks Dima! That clarifies for me a lot! I’ll implement a service for business logic.

Greetings!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Programming Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.