OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

bruwster
    Participant

I’d like to import leads but the leads are not being processed. I’m not getting any error message, the Import Leads box simply shows no items being imported.

I’m using the import template from the Leads “Download Data Template”. My actual data would not import so I’ve used the template data (“Jerry Coleman”) and changed simply changed a few key fields: Owner, Lead Name, Channel, First Name and Last Name. I’ve had a similar problem with Contacts.

Any ideas?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello.

What is the statistic of the validation step? Does is show some errors?

If you didn’t modify entity metadata – you can check your import file on the public demo instance http://demo.orocrm.com/ (assuming the you are using the latest version). If you still have the same error there – please, share your CSV file, I’ll try to find out why it doesn’t work.

bruwster
    Participant

The statistics are copied below:
    Import validation results
    Number of items
    Total number of records 0
    Records to add 0
    Records to replace 0
    Records to update 0
    Records to delete 0
    Records with errors 0
    With no errors Yevhen. I uploaded it on demo.orocrm.com, and had the same issue of no errors and no upload.

Here’s the csv data. I’ve changed some of the data as per the post above.
    Id,Channel Name,Status Name,Lead name,Name prefix,First name,Middle name,Last name,Name suffix,Job title,Phone number,Email,Company name,Website,Number of employees,Additional comments,Industry,Contact First name,Contact Last name,B2B Customer Name,Address Label,Address Organization,Address Name prefix,Address First name,Address Middle name,Address Last name,Address Name suffix,Address Street,Address Street 2,Address Zip/postal code,Address City,Address State,Address State Combined code,Address Country ISO2 code,Owner Username,Organization Name,Source Id
    ,B2b channel,New,Test lead company 2,Mr.,Bruce,,Test2,,Manager of Everything,585-255-1128,test2@test.com,Test Company 2 name,,,,,Bruce,Test2,Bruce Test2,,,,Bruce,,Test2,,6 Shotover St,,,Queenstown,,,NZ,bruce,default,

Not sure what you mean by “modify entity metadata”.

Thanks.

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello again.

I’ve tried to use your file in two organizations.

In the first organization where there were no this channel I got an error:

Total number of records 1
    Records to add 0
    Records to replace 0
    Records to update 0
    Records to delete 0
    Records with errors 1

Errors found: 1
    Error in row #1. dataChannel: This value should not be blank.

In the second organization where there was this channel I got successful import statistics:

Total number of records 1
    Records to add 1
    Records to replace 0
    Records to update 0
    Records to delete 0
    Records with errors 0

Here is the file I’ve user to perform import – check it, if it works – compare with your file.

bruwster
    Participant

That worked. I deleted my channel. Created a new one called “B2B Channel”. Put that in the Channel field of the test csv file and it uploaded successfully.

However, when I then created another channel called “Test Channel”. Put that in the Channel field and it would not upload.

I can keep moving with this project but I think I’m missing something important when it comes to creating channels and uploading data into them.

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

That’s really weird. Please, check your CSV format – is it really CSV, does it have appropriate separators and so on. You can share your file – I can check what’s wrong with it.

bruwster
    Participant

Id,Channel Name,Status Name,Lead name,Name prefix,First name,Middle name,Last name,Name suffix,Job title,Phone number,Email,Company name,Website,Number of employees,Additional comments,Industry,Contact First name,Contact Last name,B2B Customer Name,Address Label,Address Organization,Address Name prefix,Address First name,Address Middle name,Address Last name,Address Name suffix,Address Street,Address Street 2,Address Zip/postal code,Address City,Address State,Address State Combined code,Address Country ISO2 code,Owner Username,Organization Name,Source Id
    ,Test Channel,New,Test lead company 2,Mr.,Bruce,,Test2,,Manager of Everything,585-255-1128,test2@test.com,Test Company 2 name,,,,,Bruce,Test2,Bruce Test2,,,,Bruce,,Test2,,6 Shotover St,,,Queenstown,,,NZ,bruce,default,

The only change being Test Channel which I created as a B2B channel. Perhaps test that too i.e. creating a new channel.

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

I’ve created B2B channel called “Test Channel” on demo.orocrm.com and successfully imported your file.

Can you share whole file – not the content, but file itself? Maybe it contains some trash symbols that blocks import.

bruwster
    Participant

I’ve resolved this. When I use a Mac with Excel to save changes to a csv file then it won’t work. If I use a plain text editor or Google Sheets it will work. So this is a Mac Excel issue (assuming it works with a MS computer but I can’t test this).

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

@bruwster, out of curiosity, have you tried to use Numbers for saving CSV files? Did the result work with OroCRM?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.