OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Converting lead to contact/opportunity – lead not deleted

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years, 10 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Rembert
    Participant

Hi there,

why is a lead who gets converted to a contact not deleted? I mean either he/she is someone I have no business relation with yet OR he/she is a (maybe “likely”) business partner in some way. Many other CRM do it exactly like that.

Perhaps someone could explain the logic to me?

Thanks,
    Rembert

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Rembert,

We see the value of keeping all Lead data forever, at least for statistics purposes—e.g. to calculate % of qualified leads or to evaluate marketing campaigns output. I agree with you that it is likely that you do not need to see all the unqualified leads and instead focus on the open ones—and we are going to address this issue in our upcoming release. It will be possible to create different views (=sets of filters) for grids, like All Leads and Open Leads and easily switch between them.

We also view Lead as a part or a step in the sales process, like this: Lead → Opportunity → won/closed deal. We know that every organization conducts their sales in a different way and therefore wanted to keep default flow simple but make it flexible and customizable. Therefore, if you need it, you are able to expand it with an option to create a Contact along the way.

Best regards,
    Artem

Rembert
    Participant

Hi Artem,

thanks for your reply. Following situation: I gather leads created via webform in segment and use that to send a mail with coupon for first time customers. When lead uses the voucher he no longer is “Prospect” but “Customer”. The lead is then converted to contact with opportunity and “b2b customer”. But when he/she also stays a lead then he/she will be included in next marketing action for first time users.

I cannot see any benefit from having to records on one person. Can I do something to “make it go away” – like automatically hiding converted leads (also from searches, segements, reports etc.)

Cheers,
    Rembert

andesk
    Participant

A filter on lead status does not help you? Successfull leads have status “qualified”, others “new”.

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Rembert,

I have the same suggestion as andesk: use filters on Lead Status. You can easily hide them from grids using our new Grid Views feature shipped in 1.7, and in reports or segments just add the filter on Lead Status.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.