OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions contact import

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yevhen Shyshkin 10 years, 5 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello,
    I’ve created a php script to generate a csv file containing 1000 contacts with fake data.
    When I use the contact wizard import, he found that there is 1000 records but nothing is imported. I’ve created a contact normally and have exported the data to see the format.
    What is displayed:
    Import validation results
    Number of items
    Records to add 0
    Records to replace 0
    Records to update 0
    Records to delete 0
    Records with errors
    Total number of records 1000
    And just a back button.

Here is a sample of my contact csv :

Any idea ?
    Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

Hello.

Thank you very much for your post, it looks that we need to return better message response to client in case of import/export issues – we will improve it ASAP.

Here is what you can do for now. I’ve looked on your import file, and here is issues I found:
    * using M/F instead of male/female
    * incorrect order and position of address fields (its important – your fields must match header titles);
    * not all required address data is entered – required address fields are country (ISO2 code), region (ISO2 code or text), city and postal code.

Here how you import file should look:

You can test this file on our demo instance: http://demo.orocrm.com/#url=/contact

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.