OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alanstorm 9 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

alanstorm
    Participant

Is there a recommend way of setting up a *nix* system with the correct file permissions to run OroCRM and OroPlatform applications?

I’m specifically running into a few problems with the cache. Running

$ php app/console cache:clear --env=dev

as a regular user won’t always clear out cache files created during web requests. (since the web requests are created by a different user with different permissions).

Similarly, warming the cache with the CLI application will sometimes create cache files the web server user can’t write to when it needs to.

Is there a preferred/idea setup to get this all working smoothly while still maintaining the apache _www user separation?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Yevhen Shyshkin
    Participant

You can try to set up permissions according to Symfony installation guide:
    http://symfony.com/doc/current/book/installation.html#configuration-and-setup.

For example, for ext4 I use following commands:

Another shortcut. It should be executed from OroCRM installation directory.

alanstorm
    Participant

Thanks Yeveh, that seems like the way to do it.

alanstorm
    Participant

Removing myself from follow up replies.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.