OroCRM Forums

Covering OroCRM topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroCRM OroCRM – How do I? Questions Best Practice for Allowing Customers to submit data into the CRM

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 7 years, 2 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

schleidingby
    Participant

Forgive me if this is a stupid question – I’m just trying to stick to best practices so that I don’t run into serious problems.

I’m looking to create webforms that I can put onto my website where I can allow customers to input their data…Various things that I would like to incorporate into my marketing efforts IE submitting forms to get into marketing automations, submitting customer intelligence forms, etc. The basic premise is getting the data from a form on my website into the customer account in OroCRM or if need be creating a new account in orocrm.

I’d like to follow best practices, and based on what I know / can see it looks like I need to extend the embedded form module? Is there a better way to do this? Any examples of this besides the “Contact Form”?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Hi Blake,

You are right: embedded forms is the place to go, and our Contact Us form is the out-of-the-box example.

I don’t think you need to extend the module to achieve your goal. You can change the Contact Us form fields by extending the Contact Request entity: add a custom field there and it will be included into the form.

If you want to convert these requests to customer accounts you will need to write a custom action (this is code-only for now). Check the default workflow around the Contact Request entity for more examples: it contains transitions to convert the request to a Lead or Opportunity, so figuring out how to make a Customer record should be easy.

Another option is if you don’t want to deal with Contact Requests at all, and want your forms to go straight into Customer records. In this case you will have to create a new form of your own based on Customer entity instead of Contact Request. This will mean slightly more coding though.

Hope this helps!

schleidingby
    Participant

Hey @artem ! Thanks for the reply!

Couple more questions… Since it’s an embedded form I won’t be able to change it’s appearance or dictate which fields are on the form? As in each embedded form I create will have all the fields I create as entities in the embedded forms, right? Can I replicate the embedded form entity so I can create specific forms?

In regards to the custom actions required to convert the form submissions into customer accounts – do you have any examples of these sort of things? Is there a bundle that has a lot of the code that I’ll need? Where do I find the code that you referenced,

“Check the default workflow around the Contact Request entity for more examples: it contains transitions to convert the request to a Lead or Opportunity, so figuring out how to make a Customer record should be easy.”

Now for this one:

Another option is if you don’t want to deal with Contact Requests at all, and want your forms to go straight into Customer records. In this case you will have to create a new form of your own based on Customer entity instead of Contact Request. This will mean slightly more coding though.

Do you have any code examples of this where I can embed the form on my own site & then pass it to oro?

Gosh – it was so much easier to pass information through forms with infusionsoft’s automated API… Sorry to be such a pain!

Sebastian
    Participant

Hi Artem,
    Hi Blake,

same questions here. Did you succeed in creating Cases or Contacts through a form? Are there any code examples or tutorials how to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best
    Sebastian

Bhavesh Tailor
    Participant

Hi ,

I want to create contact from embedded web form. If user not exist (filter via email ) into contact record then it should create as new customer, is it possible ?

Thank You

Bhavesh

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Sure, just create an action that triggers on the form submit.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘OroCRM – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.