OroPlatform Forums

Covering OroPlatform topics, including community updates and company announcements.

Forums Forums OroPlatform OroPlatform – How do I? Questions Assigning activities to some entities prohibited

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Artem Liubeznyi 8 years, 3 months ago.

Starting from March 1, 2020 the forum has been switched to the read-only mode. Please head to StackOverflow for support.

• Creator
    Topic

Ahmad Golzar
    Participant

Hi,

Why it is not possible to select activities for some entities? When I edit some entities from “Entity Manager” and I try to select an activity like Task, the cursor changes and I cannot select any of the activities. Why is that? Is there a way to change this?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dima Soroka
    Keymaster

We are planing to fix this, right now activities are not available for activities so you can’t enable email for tasks because both of them are classified as activities. This issue will be addressed soon.

Ahmad Golzar
    Participant

Thanks Dima. This will be great.

I know this might seem unusual, but how about relating activities to an entity like “Contact Phone”? Is there a way to do that?

Artem Liubeznyi
    Spectator

Ahmad,

Calls are already related to phone numbers and emails are already related to email addresses. I don’t think that relating them to very specific entities like “contact phone” is a good idea because the very existence of this entity is only an implementation detail. One day we will get rid of this entity in favor of a specific phone field type that will provide the same functionality—but the logic of working with activities must remain the same.

In a broad sense, activities in the CRM represent actual real-world activities: calling your customer or meeting with them, or exchanging emails with them. And when you make a call you don’t call the number, right? You call the customer, and then add said customer as a context of your call in the CRM.

A number called is just the technical detail; what really matters is the fact that you have called the customer and talked to them about some important business. (And if that business is an opportunity in your CRM, you might want to add it as a context, too)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘OroPlatform – How do I? Questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.